One of the joys of sailing around these remote Scottish Isles is that they are steeped in history, many have seen an invasion or others a simple quiet life undisturbed by humans for centuries.
Particular points of interest to us include:
- The Isle of Rum shaped like a diamond and with the unexpected Kinloch Castle which is currently undergoing saving with help of the Princes Rejeneration Fund
- The Isle of Eig famous for “an Sgurr”, a dramatic pitchstone ridge, the largest of its kind in Europe
- The Knoydart Penisular still part of mainland Scotland but virtually inaccessible by land and more widely reached by boat
- The Isle of Muck only 2 miles long by 1 mile wide with five sites of scheduled historial interest
- Ring of Bright Water the film based on the book by Gavin Maxwell which were heavily influenced by Gavin's life on the Isle of Soay
- Tex Geddes - who wrote Hebridean Sharker - all about his exploits in hunting basking sharks around the Isle of Soay. Also knew and was written about by Gavin Maxwell.